× Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Revolut Cryptocurrency Review

More
1 year 4 months ago #283279 by Senew1950
Revolut Cryptocurrency Feature
Easy to Use
Beginer Friendly
Speed
Fees
Functionality
Summary Revolut makes selling and buying cryptocurrency quick and easy. BIG downside. You cannot send any cryptocurrency that you purchase on Revolut beyond their ecosystem, unless you subscribe to Revolut’s Metal plan. It's really annoying. If you have a Standard account or Plus on Revolut you will be charged 1.99% per month (min. PS0.99) when you buy or trade cryptocurrencies. This is also a very bad practice revolut banking app review . NOT Revolut's crypto exchange. *Cryptoassets can be a volatile and unregulated investment product. EU investor protection is not available. Your capital is at high risk. Revolut introduced a feature in December 2017 that allows you to sell, buy, and hold crypto from within their mobile application. There is no question: Revolut allows you to quickly and easily buy, sell, or hold cryptocurrencies. But Revolut's crypto trading platform is a joke. Find out in my complete Revolut cryptocurrency reviews.
What is the Revolut Crypto Feature?
Revolut has made it quick, easy, and simple to buy and trade cryptocurrency using their app. Click this link to display YouTube content. See YouTube's privacy statement for more information. Always display YouTube content This is exactly What is the market need to bring newcomers onboard and encourage wider adoption
Supported Cryptocurrencies
Revolut currently allows you to trade, buy and hold Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple (XRP), Ripple and more than 70 other cryptocurrencies.
Revolut supports a wide range of cryptocurrency
This complete list contains all the cryptocurrencies available at Revolut for sale, purchase, or hold.
0x (ZRX)
1inch (1INCH)
Aave
Alchemy Pay - ACH
Algorand, ALGO
AMP (AMP).
Ankr, (ANKR).
Axie Infinity - AXS
Balancer (BAL).
Bancor (BNT).
Band Protocol (BAND).
Basic Attention Tokens (BAT)
Biconomy
Bitcoin (BTC).
Bitcoin Cash (BCH).
Cardano (ADA)
Cartesi (CTSI)
Celo (CELO)
Chainlink (LINK).
Chiliz (CHZ)
Compound (COMP).
Cosmos (ATOM)
COTI (COTI).
Cronos (CRO)
Curve Finance (CRV).
Dash (DASH)
Decentralization (MANA).
Dogecoin, (DOGE).
Enjin (ENJ)
Enzyme (MLN)
EOS (EOS)
Ethereum (ETH).
Ethereum Name Service (ENS).
Fetch.ai (FET)
Filecoin, FIL
Flow (FLOW).
Gala (GALA).
IDEX (IDEX).
iExec (RLC)
Internet Computer (ICP).
JasmyCoin (JASMY)
Keep (KEEP)
Kyber (KNC)
Litecoin, (LTC).
Loopring (LRC).
Maker (MKR).
Mask Network (MASK).
Mirror Protocol (MIR).
New Kind of Network
NuCypher (NU).
Numeraire (NMR)
OMG Network (OMG).
Orchid (OXT).
Origin Protocol (OGN).
Perpetual Protocol
Polkadot (DOT)
Polygon (MATIC).
Quant (QNT)
Ren (REN).
Ripple (XRP).
Sandbox (SAND).
Skale Network SKL
Solana (SOL)
Spell Token (SPELL)
Stellar Lumens (XLM)
Storj (STORJ)
SushiSwap - SUSHI
Synthetix (SNX)
Tellor (TRB)
Tezos (XTZ)
The Graph (GRT).
UMA (UMA).
Ummutable X
Uniswap
Yearn.Finance (YFI)
Supported Countries
Revolut's in app cryptocurrency exchange is now available to all users Residents In the following countries:
United Kingdom
Australia
Singapore
Switzerland
Japan
United States
European Economic Area (EEA).
What countries are included in the EEA?
Austria
Belgium
Bulgaria
Croatia
Republic of Cyprus
Czech Republic
Denmark
Estonia
Finland
France
Germany
Greece
Hungary
Iceland
Ireland
Italy
Latvia
Liechtenstein
Lithuania
Luxembourg
Malta
Netherlands
Norway
Poland
Portugal
Romania
Slovakia
Slovenia
Spain
Sweden
United Kingdom
Cryptocurrency Fees
Revolut's crypto prices are calculated using volume-weighted Average Price (VWAP). Translated into plain English This means that the price will be weighted to the price which has seen the largest volume during a specified time period. This calculation is based upon Bitstamp price data. Bitstamp is Revolut’s partner in the UK/EU. The VWAP ensures that cryptocurrency prices do not reflect short-term price movements. This is bad news for anyone who intends to trade, even casually. Revolut charges 1.99% or PS0.99 minimum fees, whichever is greater (see here). The fee for Premium and Metal Revolut users is reduced to 1.49% (see below). But, wait! There's more! Revolut charges an extra 1% for every currency reviews of revolut you exchange, regardless of whether you are a plus or standard user. Additional 0.5% fee Revolut is free to buy and sell cryptocurrency. It is not the most cost-effective way to purchase bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies in the UK.
Cryptocurrency wallets
Revolut does NOT support individual cryptocurrency wallets. Instead, cryptocurrencies can be stored in a virtual account called a "pooled" and your balance recorded on the internal ledger. Standard Revolut users can send and receive cryptocurrencies only. This means:
They can't change the sell or buy price.
Cannot take control of your cryptocurrency (i.e. withdrawal it).
Your cryptocurrency cannot be used (this is a speculation vehicle).
Revolut allows you to leave your funds on any cryptocurrency exchange. It is not a good idea to do this as cryptocurrency exchanges were hacked in the past. It seems like this happens quite a few times per year. However, there have been some positive developments recently. Revolut Metal subscribers now have limited access to Bitcoin (BTC), which can be withdrawn to an external account (max PS1000) as of May 5, 2021.
In the future, will Revolut allow anyone to withdraw cryptocurrency?
Revolut could be available if this beta testing period is successful
Roll out this functionality (e.g., standard Revolut users)
Allows you to withdraw other cryptocurrencies such as Ripple and Ethereum (ETH).
Revolut's in-app cryptocurrency exchange was launched in December 2017. At the time, I thought it might be able support cryptocurrency withdrawals and deposits within a year. But this has been a consistent criticism of their service throughout the crypto-community.
Can I send cryptocurrency from Revolut to my friends?
Revolut recently added this function. Revolut users can instantly send any supported cryptocurrency to their friends.
Summary: Revolut’s Crypto Exchange Sucks
This bullshit is not worth your time. Buy real Bitcoin (BTC). Let's not go around this. Revolut's app cryptocurrency exchange is a scam. Revolut's in-app cryptocurrency offering is called Cryptocurrency Exposition. This is quite telling. It's only a platform for you speculate on cryptocurrency prices. It is nothing more. Might You will be able to make your initial purchase with Bitcoin (BTC) as an on-ramp. This encourages you to learn more about Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency. But that's not what I believe. You can also use real cryptocurrency exchanges, which are much easier to set up and use. I will, in short, stay away from Revolut’s cryptocurrency exchange (at minimum for now).
Revolut Cryptocurrency Alternatives
I've reviewed several of the most well-known cryptocurrency brokers in the UK. And I ranked the best way to buy Bitcoin (BTC), in the UK. Einfachste There are two great ways to buy your first Bitcoins (BTC).
CoinJar. Buy Bitcoin (BTC), as well as a growing number of cryptocurrencies, with GBP. Deposits can be made via a UK bank wire transfer or instantaneously with a debit/credit/credit card. Learn more about CoinJar by reading my review.
Coinbase -Pay fees as low at 1.49% for Bitcoin (BTC) purchases made with GBP, deposited with a UK bank wire transfer For more information, read my Coinbase review.
To buy Bitcoin (BTC), in the UK, the cheapest option is to do so here. Check out this popular post.
Any other suggestions?
We appreciate you taking the time to read this Revolut review. Let me know if you have any questions or comments.
Disclaimer
eToro offers multi-asset trading and investment in stocks, cryptoassets, and CFD assets. CFDs are complicated instruments, and can result in rapid loss of money due to leverage. CFD trading with this provider results in 79% loss of money for retail investors. CFDs are highly volatile instruments that can fluctuate rapidly in a short time. This provider can cause 79% of retail investor accounts to lose money. CFDs are not the only way to trade cryptoassets. This is because they are unregulated and cannot be supervised by any EU regulatory framework. Your capital is at danger.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.537 seconds